What is ProCell Microchanneling?
ProCell Microchanneling is a procedure that punctures thousands of tiny micro-channels into your skin to generate collagen production. These micro-channels are ideal to soak up the ProCell stem cell serum which is an innovative technology that helps promote the growth of collagen and elastin. This treatment is clinically proven to increase collagen & elastin production, which in turn increases the thickness of the skin while improving the appearance of wrinkles, uneven skin tone & texture, fine lines, acne scars/surgical scars, stretch marks and more.
Preparing For Your Procell Microchanneling Treatment
Discontinue retinol (2% or higher) or tretinoin at least 3 days prior to treatment. For your first treatment, you can expect mild redness and swelling, and a tight, warm sensation for between 4 & 24 hours.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS WILL I NEED?
For light anti-aging treatments, 1 to 2 treatments may be sufficient but for deeper wrinkles & scarring, you may require 4 to 6 treatments to achieve desired results. An interval of 3 to 4 weeks between treatments is typically recommended and you can see the results 2-3 weeks after your treatment.
WHO IS A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR PROCELL MICROCHANNELING?
You are an ideal candidate for ProCell Microchanneling if you have:
- Fine lines or wrinkles,
- Uneven skin texture
- Moderate skin laxity
- Stretch marks
- Atrophic (depressed) acne scars
- Sun damage
- Traumatic scars
WHO IS NOT GOOD CANDIDATE FOR PROCELL MICROCHANNELING?
You are NOT a suitable candidate for microchanneling if you have any of the conditions listed below.
- you have certain skin diseases, such as eczema or psoriasis
- you have cardiac abnormalities
- you are pregnant
- you have infection of any type (bacterial, viral or fungal)
- you have had radiation therapy recently
- you have open wounds
- you have Keloid scars
- you are immunosuppressed
- you have diabetes, hemophilia, bleeding disorders
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO HEAL FROM PROCELL MICROCHANNELING THERAPY?
After the therapy, your skin will be pink or red in appearance for the first 24 to 48 hours.
Does ProCell Microneedling Hurt?
Topical numbing is applied first. The procedure should be essentially painless.
Can ProCell Be Used On The Body?
ProCell can be used to tighten skin on the body and to treat stretch marks.
Is There Any Downtime?
The average downtime after a ProCell Microchanneling treatment is 90 minutes, the estimated time it takes for the tiny channels to close. After treatment, there may be a day or two of mild redness.
ProCell Microchanneling Aftercare
- Avoid washing your face for the first 6 hours. You can wash the treated area gently with a gentle cleanser and apply moisturizer thereafter.
- After the therapy, nothing topical should be applied for at least 90 minutes.
- Do not exfoliate at least for 7 days.
- Avoid direct sunlight for at least 7 days.
- Ensure you have proper sun protection whenever you are out in the sun
- Avoid swimming or jogging in the rain for at least 72 hours.
- Avoid vigorous exercise for first 72 hours.
- Avoid anti-inflammatory medication pre and post treatment.
- Avoid makeup for at least 6 hours after the procedure.