Benefits of Cyrotherapy
Cryotherapy for Weight Loss
A drug + stimulant free solution
How it Works:
The skin senses the extreme cold during a 3 minute whole body cryotherapy session and signals the brain to go into "fight or flight" mode. The body is not in any real danger as it is only the skin that is being cooled. The brain responds to this perceived threat by triggering the following responses:
- Norepinephrine and endorphins are released to increase metabolism and energy. This metabolic increase can last 3 to 5 days and may become permanent with repeated cryotherapy sessions.
- In an effort to maintain core temperature, blood rushes to the core burning 500 to 800 calories. Calories continue to burn post-treatment as the body re-heats.
The combined impact of increased metabolism and high calorie burn can lead to weight loss. Repeated, consistent cryotherapy sessions increases the metabolism in the long term, resulting in more passive calories burned and continued weight loss or maintenance.
Additional Weight Loss Benefits:
- endorphin release elevates mood, reduces anxiety, relieves insomnia and can lead to healthier choices.
- reduces fat deposits and cellulite by de-activating cold sensitive fat cells.
- enhanced blood flow stimulates fat cell detoxification and lymphatic drainage
Cryotherapy for Athletic Performance, Injury + Recovery
3 minutes for optimal results
Cryotherapy tricks the body into “fight or flight mode”, triggering the release of epinephrine, endorphins and anti-inflammatory proteins. The body is not actually in hypothermia—but the brain thinks that it is. Blood rushes to the core, increasing metabolism and energy.
- Athletic performance is enhanced by increased energy, the natural endorphin “high” and reduced perception of symptomatic pain.
- Injury to muscles, bone and tissue repair is enhanced by reduced inflammation from highly enriched, oxygenated blood, improved blood circulation and lymphatic detoxification.
- Recovery occurs more quickly and completely in the anti-inflammatory and enhanced blood flow environment. Delayed Onset Muscular Soreness is significantly reduced.
- Mental recovery is accelerated due to energy increase and release of endorphins.
- 3 minute WBC session up to 2 hours prior to workout or race/event.
Professional athletes use cryotherapy prior to workouts or events in order to maximize their performance.
- Daily 3 minute WBC session + local cryotherapy at point of injury until pain, swelling and inflammation have subsided.
- Injury side effects usually subside within 3 to 7 treatments.
- 3 minute WBC session as soon as possible after workout or race/event.
Professional athletes use cryotherapy after practice sessions and games/events to relieve muscle fatigue, soreness and injury.
Cryotherapy for Anti-Aging + Beauty
A non-invasive safe solution
Cryotherapy provokes vasoconstriction followed by vasodilation as the body reheats. This process increases blood circulation and detoxification, enriches the blood with nutrients and oxygen and reduces inflammation.
- Stimulates collagen production for more firm, smooth and elastic skin.
- Reduces fine lines, wrinkles, acne and superficial scars
- Reduces fat deposits and cellulite
- Balances hormones
- Enhances surgical recovery
- Increases libido and sexual stamina
- Relieves insomnia
Cryotherapy for Pain Management + Wellness
A pharmaceutical-free solution
Cryotherapy effectively treats pain and improves overall wellness through three mechanisms:
- Cryotherapy effectively reduces local and systemic inflammation, a major source of pain and chronic health problems.
- Cryotherapy triggers the release of analgesic (pain-relieving) endorphins such as norepinephrine.
- Pain-gate and dermatomal confusion: cold sensors in the skin travel to the brain faster than pain sensors thus “closing the gate” to the feeling of pain. This dermatomal confusion also explains how analgesics like Ben-Gay relieve pain–a competing sensation (cold) distracts from the sensation of pain.
Studies indicate that cryotherapy significantly improves symptoms related to:
- auto-immune disorders
- chronic fatigue syndrome
- lyme disease
- degenerative diseases of the joints and spine
- bursitis, tendonitis and joint inflammation
- depression + mood disorders
- hormonal imbalances
- skin disorders such as psoriasis + acne
ChillRx Cryotherapy will customize pain + wellness protocols for the conditions listed plus many more. Please contact ChillRx Cryotherapy Cincinnati to create a customized cryotherapy protocol to effectively treat your specific health concerns.